Dear Integral Meditators,
The article below explores how one approach to mindfulness can save and create energy in our life, which is always useful as we often find ourself struggling to keep up with the demands of our daily life.
In the spirit of a mind of ease,
Seven Ways to Mindfully Save and Create More Energy
One of the things that I often do before I do a mindfulness course within a company or organization is to send out a short questionnaire to the participants asking a bit about the challenges that they face in their work. One of the challenges that seems to be coming back more and more in the answers I get is fatigue. With this in mind I have compiled a little list below of ways in which you can use mindfulness to help you save and create more energy in your life and work. So here they are:
1. Recognize when you are in conditions of physical and psychological safety and relax into them – don’t allow your paranoid mind to make you feel like you are in a perpetual state of emergency.
2. Breathe in a way that promotes physiological and psychological relaxation and releases excess tension from the body and mind (See my article on breathing from my Qi gong blog)
3. Practice mindful self-acceptance, or the refusal to be at war with any part of yourself.
4. Each day ask yourself ‘what is good about my life?’, and hold the answers that come from this question with appreciation.
5. Spend at least some time each day focusing on just one activity and enjoying it deeply; allow your mind to gather and dwell in one place.
6. Learn the discipline of stilling your mind; the trick is to see that stillness is something that is present already in your mind (beneath the busyness), rather than something you have to ‘create’.
7. Step back and become a witness to the events of your life; practice the discipline of letting what is going on pass over and through you without clinging to it.
You can find some suggestions for practicing these seven in my previous article “Seven Ways for Creating a Mind of Ease”.
© Toby Ouvry 2014, you are welcome to use or share this article, but please cite Toby as the source and include reference to his website www.tobyouvry.com
iAwake’s Product of the Month is: Gamma-Burst!
60 Minutes of Gentle Ocean Waves For Motivation, Focus, Energy & Joy
Apply Discount Coupon Code: NEWSOCT25OFF (Good until October 27, 2014)