Two weeks to the start date of my Mindfulness Program for coaches, trainers and therapists, click on the link below for full details!
In the spirit of meditation,
The Integral Mindfulness Program for Coaches, Counselors and Therapists – Creating sustainable high performance and deep wellness – Starting October 5th & 8th!Overview: This is a six-session dynamic mindfulness program designed for:
- Those looking for an engaged, practical mindfulness course designed to build resilience, effectiveness and wellness in the face of work and life challenges
- Trainers, coaches and therapists looking to integrate mindfulness into their own professional practice with clients
- People who have been through basic conventional mindfulness training programs and are looking for the next level of practice and performance
Meditation: Expanding your state vocabulary
There are many different types of meditation. Looking at all of them can be a bit confusing; What is the right one for me? Which one is the ‘best’? What am I trying to ‘do’?
Here is one basic definition of meditation that I find most useful for getting a ‘big picture’ sense of what meditation is, and how to start using it: “Meditation is state training”
You are in a state of body/mind/heart all the time, and this changes thru-out the day. The three basic states are and waking dreaming and dreamless sleep. Even with the waking state there are many different states of mind:
- Calm or agitated
- Anxious or confident
- Loving or angry
- Tired or energized
- Happy or sad
The list goes on, as there are hundreds of waking states!
So, the discipline and art of the meditator is to keep yourself in a balanced, positive state of mind as much as possible as you go through the day, despite what obstacles may come up.
There are four questions that the meditation is interested in:
- What do I notice are my current habitual range of mind-states?
- How can I strengthen my existing ‘positive’ states?
- How can I work constructively with the states of mind that are currently obstructing my well-being and effectiveness?
- How can I expand the range of positive states that are available to me ?
All meditation practices are state trainings. All of them seek to answer these four questions in different ways. If you ask yourself these four questions around a specific area of your life, then you will start to become aware of your own present range of states. You can then identify specific meditations to strengthen and broaden your own range of positive mind-states!
Article content © Toby Ouvry & Integral Meditation Asia 2019.
Upcoming classes and workshops
Ongoing on Wednesday’s, 7.30-8.30pm (Restarts 21st August) – Wednesday Meditation for stress transformation and positive energy with Toby (Bukit Timah)
Ongoing on Tuesday evenings, 7.30-8.30pm – Tuesday Meditation for stress transformation and positive energy with Toby (East Coast)
Wednesday 12.30-1.30 – Integral Meditation classes at Space2B on Stanley Street
Saturday mornings 9-10.15am, June 15th, 29th – Qi Gong workout and meditation class
Monday Setember 2nd, 6-7.30pm – The Men’s Group – The path of conscious manhood
Starting October 5th – The Integral Meditation Program for Coaches, Counsellors and Therapists – Creating sustainable high performance and deep wellness
Integral Meditation Asia
Online Courses * 1:1 Coaching * Books * Live Workshops * Corporate Mindfulness Training *Life-Coaching * Meditation Technology